Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives for this project are that students training in nursing, medicine and ministry will:
- Improve their knowledge of palliative care and symptom management.
- Improve their knowledge and appreciation for the spiritual needs of patients with terminal cancer.
- Improve their cultural sensitivity and appreciate the role of culture in influencing a patient’s experience of dying.
- Enhance their appreciation for a team approach to patient care, especially for the terminal patient.
- Appreciate the contribution of all health care professionals to the care of the terminal patient.